Doppelgangers

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Tue Mar 25 05:49:30 EST 2003

Although I suppose it doesn't really help - you've got my deepest sympahthy,
too.

A similar thing happend when I was two years intoy thesis: I found out
another thesis, written at the same time andpublished hastily in the internet was
treating some aspects I had worked very hard to find out (it's an historic
treatment of a 16th century court, based on its documents). I was so angry,
especially because the people at the archive could have told me that someone was
working with the same documents! Knowing about this other work could have
saved me some time, and all *my* results were now no longer *mine* alone. You
can imagine that I was not very friendly with this book, an I have to admit to
some glee when finding minor (and some major)faults. I could give vent to my
scream in some footnotes...

Let it out, we're with you. And the publisher's policy is really ***.

Bettina