Lady Bird Johnson

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:01:24 EST 2003

"Claudia (Lady Bird) Alta Taylor was born in Karnack, Texas, the daughter of
Thomas Jefferson and Minnie Patillo Taylor. Her nurse at an early age
nicknamed her "Lady Bird," after a tiny red and black garden beetle, and
from then on refused to use her christened name."

I am sure to be the 17th person to mention this, I haven't read ahead in the
messages yet, but Shakespeare has Juliet's nanny calling her Lady Bird as
well. One of my childhood nicknames was Gili bird, and now one of my online
handles is Gilibug.