O/T Older Cars

jstallcup at juno.com jstallcup at juno.com
Fri Mar 21 13:13:22 EST 2003

Oh, I'll jump in on this one! (especially if husbands' cars count)

My car is a 1978 Datsun 280Z that my Dad bought for me when I was 16.
I've driven it for 17 years now. It's the only car I have ever owned and
it is just about to turn over 400,000 miles (it is on its second engine
and third transmission).  So you can see that it is not just a pet but is
used all the time.  Well, at the moment, it has been laid up since Sunday
evening, but it is going to the mechanic on Monday--I hope that still
counts as running reasonably well!

My husband's car is a 1967 VW squareback that is our other general use
car.  In fact, now that my car is feeling under the weather, the VW is
not only squiring Wade around, but me too.  We have no idea how many
miles it has on it, but we have had to put in two or three engines in
just the couple of years that we have owned it.

And that's it.  We only have two cars and both are over 20 years old.

Jackie S.