Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 21 00:17:50 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Charles Butler wrote:

> I'm sure I read recently (I think in Peter Hunt and Millicent
> Lenz's book on Alternative Worlds) that Terry Pratchett, once he
> has finished his final draft, shreds all the previous ones with a
> cry of 'Sod you, literary critics of the future!' - or words to
> that effect.

The exact quote, courtesy of www.lspace.org:

   I save about twenty drafts -- that's ten meg of disc space -- and
   the last one contains all the final alterations. Once it has been
   printed out and received by the publishers, there's a cry here of
   "Tough shit, literary researchers of the future, try getting a
   proper job!" and the rest are wiped.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."