On cataloguing books

Otter Perry ottertee at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 20 09:27:24 EST 2003

Melissa Proffitt wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:11:45 -0800 (PST), Jon Noble wrote:
>
> >> Except for those of us who use Library of Congress
> >
> >Yes every society has its perversions :)
>
> I resent the Library of Congress because they wouldn't let me inside their
> hallowed halls.  Just because I happened to be only 13 at the time...what do
> I have to do, get a letter of recommendation from two teachers and a public
> librarian?  Grump.

I love them because they had a whole slew of Ethel M. Dell I couldn't find
anywhere else.  My friend's father was on the staff of a member of the
House of Representatives and was therefore able to borrow stuff from them.

My friend herself was there doing some research on legal aspects of suicide
in the 17th century and needed to consult an unabridged edition of Coke.
The copy she ended up using -- although not taking out, of course -- had
been Thomas Jefferson's.  Is that kewl or what?