man meets all these figures out of literature

Wed Mar 19 17:45:26 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:10:00 -0000, Charles Butler wrote:

>Hallie
>
>> >Anyone remember that Woody Allen story where the hero finds a way of
>> >transporting himself into books?
>>
>> No - but now I want to know what it is.
>
>I just checked. It's called 'The Kugelmass Episode', and it was published in
>his collection _Side Effects_.  Maybe elsewhere too. It's still very funny.

I HAVE read this!  I knew it sounded familiar, but assumed I'd just heard it
referred to.  Unfortunately I can't remember where.  It was in a more
general anthology, but it could have been a high school textbook or a
science fiction collection or anything.  I wish I'd read it after _Madame
Bovary_ because it would have been funnier....

Melissa Proffitt
(am I the only one who read the unassigned stories from the high school
textbook during class, thus reducing the risk of getting caught at not
paying attention to the boring lecture?)