On cataloguing books

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 10:20:29 EST 2003

--- Paul Andinach <pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
> > There is that one book...great, now I can't
> remember the
> > title...it has some guy from our world who meets
> practically every
> > character from classic literature that was ever
> written.  The
> > conceit is fantasy, but the essence of the story
> is referential.
>
> I can think of a couple of series... but for "one
> book", the only
> thing that comes to mind is that Heinlein one that I
> can't remember
> the title of either.

I think you're thinking of _Number of the Beast_, one
of the two Heinlein's I've actually read.  I enjoyed
it a lot, and was relieved to find it much better than
_The Cat Who Walks Through Walls_, which was *not* a
good introduction to his work.  I've always meant to
pick up another, probably _The Moon is a Harsh
Mistress_ because I've heard so many good things about
it, even from people who aren't fond of most of his
other stuff.  Perhaps I'll get around to it someday...

--jenwa.