Literary pet peeves

hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Mar 19 08:37:18 EST 2003

>  >
>>  But my favourite literary pet peeve, which I can't
>>  believe nobody's
>>  mentioned, is the one in Tanith Lee's _The Black
>>  Unicorn_.
>>

>which is? .....
>
>Jon (not a Tanith Lee reader)

I haven't read any Card yet, so as I can't play along with that one,
I might as well answer this one.  (Apologies, Paul, if you'd like to
have done it - or to have let him stew a while longer!)  It is
literally a pet peeve.  In other words, critters called peeves, one
of which is a pet.  And it's in a book, so obviously it's a literary
pet peeve. :)  It talks, btw, as the peeves were infected by
spilled-over magic.  Also the best thing about the trilogy, IMHO.
All right, I'll modify that - my favourite thing about the trilogy.

Hallie.