The Master

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:47:07 EST 2003

>All the same, I'm not sure how effectively this dream has
been translated into Art. I'd feel a lot happier if I had any idea who/what
the Master was meant to be.

I should really go back and read the story before responding, but I'm
writing on stolen time as it is... this story always disturbed me, and it is
unresolved. I really want to know more about the why's and who's behind the
story. But as far as I understand, the Master is quite simply no longer
alive. ************SPOILER************** In my understanding, the idea
behind the story was that someone was doing some screwy experiments
transferring wolves into human bodies and trying to make them act like
people - maybe an Island of Dr. Moreau type thing - and the experiment went
very wrong when the person who had once been a wolf and was still mostly
wolf by nature turned on the experimentors, just as he does at the vet in
the end, perhaps again motivated by jealousy over his mate... or something
along those lines. I'd be curious if anyone here has a different
interpretation.

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug