Ender's Game (mild spoilers)

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 02:45:59 EST 2003

Rebecca wrote:
>I was actually mor wondering if I was being reactionary to see
>anti->semitism and misogyny in it.

I don't think you are, depends how much you read into it. If you label the
book "anti-semitic and misogynistic" and steer people away from it, I think
you are overreacting. But if reading it made you a little uncomfortable and
wary, I'm with you. I think there are hints of something under the surface,
perhaps unwitting. Not full blown antisemitism and misogyny, but the
potential for them - the sort of thing that could develop one way or the
other. I felt it too, perhaps because I am also a Jewish woman...

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug