Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 01:25:19 EST 2003

--- Charles Butler
<hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote:
> I remember having a nightmare in about 1968 (the
> Patrick Troughton era) in
> which I was one of Dr Who's assistants, the hapless
> young Scotsman (I think
> he was called Jamie). In this dream I was both
> terrified and oddly
> embarrassed by the fact that my hand had turned into
> a green cactus-like
> plant, a malady that looked likely to spread to the
> rest of my body. Can't
> remember how it turned out.
>
> Whether this derives from an actual episode of Dr
> Who I couldn't say for
> sure, though it sounds more like one of the
> Quatermass films. Otherwise, put
> me down for the Cybermen.

It sounds familiar to me, but I can't place it. Dr Who
though, not Quatermass (unless its both), I'm too lazy
at the moment to brave the library to find any Dr Who
references to check. Actually, thinking some more I
think there was a Tom Baker (mid 70s perhaps) episode
where something like this happens the one that was a
bit of a remake of The Thing.

Jon - who thought the Goons did Quatermass better than
the original  "look the head of a skull - take its
fingerprints"