replying ;)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 18 22:16:29 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, M Elizabeth Parks wrote:

> Well, I think I'm still about five hundred messages behind the
> rest of you, but I wanted to reply to a few things.

I'm about 1000 messages behind at the moment, but I'm getting there
slowly...

> This kick was started by a trilogy one of my roommates pushed on
> me by Lynn Flewelling: the first one is called Luck in the Shadows

I feel obliged to point out that it isn't a trilogy: it's an
open-ended series that, at this point, happens to be three books long.
There's even an author's note in the third book saying so.  :)

-snip-
> her newest book (set in the same world, only several hundred years
> earlier) "The Bone-Doll's Twin" is Really Good.

Is that "Really Good" in the vague normal sense, or in the precise
Alexlit sense of being more than Enjoyable but not Excellent?
(Just checking...)

I have a copy of _The Bone-Doll's Twin_, but since it's the first book
in a trilogy, I'm going to wait until the whole set's available before
I read it.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."