The Merlin Conspiracy (no spoilers)

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Tue Mar 18 21:00:21 EST 2003

Don't get me wrong, there were bits of it I loved.  Some of the characters, most of the concepts and all of the settings!  Though I did find some of the characters very irritating as well.  I think my problem is in the way it all hung together.  I'm not to good at literary criticism, and I find it really hard to put my finger on what I don't like about some books, and I find it even harder to express it in writing.  But when I'd finished The Merlin Conspiracy I had a bit of a sense of disappointment.  I didn't get that with Deep Secret or Year of the Griffin.

I did rush the reading and I will have to go back and read it again to digest it properly.  I should be all fired up and hopefully have firm opinions and criticism sorted out in a couple of weeks time when the debate hits the list.

Kylie