Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 17:50:14 EST 2003

I remember having a nightmare in about 1968 (the Patrick Troughton era) in
which I was one of Dr Who's assistants, the hapless young Scotsman (I think
he was called Jamie). In this dream I was both terrified and oddly
embarrassed by the fact that my hand had turned into a green cactus-like
plant, a malady that looked likely to spread to the rest of my body. Can't
remember how it turned out.

Whether this derives from an actual episode of Dr Who I couldn't say for
sure, though it sounds more like one of the Quatermass films. Otherwise, put
me down for the Cybermen.

Charlie (who, like the daleks and sexual intercourse, began in 1963).