Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 15:15:07 EST 2003

--- Paul Andinach <pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Macrae-Gibson,R wrote:
>
> > > Incidentally, did you know that the guy who
> writes 'Coupling' has
> > > actually written for Doctor Who?
>
> > Hmm I don't think he actually wrote for the
> programme, although he
> > may have been lined up as a future writer (think
> he was in a
> > writers workshop with the last DW script editor)
> until the BBC
> > killed the programme off.
>
> No, you're quite right - I'm using a very loose
> definition of
> "actually written for Doctor Who".
>
> You may recall the Doctor Who thing that was done
> for Comic Relief
> with Rowan Atkinson as the Doctor - he wrote that.
> And he wrote a
> story that got published in one of the official
> short story
> anthologies and is considered by many to be a
> classic.
>
> Nothing for the actual series, though.

Hmmm, apart from some very inteligent writing I don't
see too much in common, but it is interesting to note.
Incidently I see the BBC are intending to make another
Dr Who movie with Paul Macgann for the 40th
anniversary (November isn't it) and have said a new
series is possible.

Jon - very annoyed at the absence of both Dr Who and
Coupling from Free to air TV. In fact Dr Who was the
main reason we tried to get satelite TV a couple of
years ago only to discover that we couldn't get a
signal - too many trees.