Ender's Game request

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue Mar 18 14:32:06 EST 2003

My memory says that the surprise twist at the end is that what they
thought were trainings sessions were the actualy war.

>Okay, in the course of a discussion on my Other List I got into a teensy
>argument with somebody who claimed that the twist at the end of _Ender's
>Game_ was poorly written and obviously not surprising.  I said it was.  It
>turned out that he had a different idea about what the reader was supposed
>to be surprised by.  So I want to do a quickie poll of those of you who have
>read _Ender's Game_:  What is the surprise climax of the novel?
>
>I don't know how well-known the ending is, but please leave spoiler space
>just in case.
>
>Thanks,
>Melissa Proffitt

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two
opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the
ability to function
F. Scott Fitzgerald

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net