Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 18 12:34:39 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Macrae-Gibson,R wrote:

> > Incidentally, did you know that the guy who writes 'Coupling' has
> > actually written for Doctor Who?

> Hmm I don't think he actually wrote for the programme, although he
> may have been lined up as a future writer (think he was in a
> writers workshop with the last DW script editor) until the BBC
> killed the programme off.

No, you're quite right - I'm using a very loose definition of
"actually written for Doctor Who".

You may recall the Doctor Who thing that was done for Comic Relief
with Rowan Atkinson as the Doctor - he wrote that. And he wrote a
story that got published in one of the official short story
anthologies and is considered by many to be a classic.

Nothing for the actual series, though.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."