Ender's Game (mild spoilers)

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Mon Mar 17 15:57:56 EST 2003

>Melissa...
>
>About anti-Semitism, I seem to remember that the comment about Jewish
>generals is made not authorially, but by one of the characters.  You simply
>can't hold the author responsible for the beliefs of his characters, or no
>author would be able to write villains or stupid people.
I wouldn't have said anything if I thought that the comment about
Jewish generals was made by a character, but IMO, it was an objective
observation of a character about something that was a given fact in
the history of Card's world.
-RDG

--
Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for