DWJ competition

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 08:36:36 EST 2003

Kylie

> PS I've read The Merlin Conspiracy and enjoyed it a lot, but I wouldn't
put it up there with her best.

This may be a bit premature, but for the record I disagree. I think it's an
amazingly inventive and  exciting book, right up there with Deep Secret (and
a considerable improvement on Year of the Griffin...). I do have one
quibble, which those who know my views on fantasy monarchies won't be
surprised by, but it's not a serious one in context.

But no doubt this debate will take off properly in a few weeks, so I'll hang
further fire till then.

Charlie