Telemarketing

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 05:56:25 EST 2003

As long as we're OT, just had to chip in with my favorite telemarketing
anecdote.
This happened to friend of mine. He was watching "Seinfeld", and apparantly,
there's an episode where Jerry Seinfeld gets called by a telemarketer. On
the show, Seinfeld apologizes and says he's too busy to take the call right
now, but will happily call her later if she gives him her home phone number.
The telemarketer does not want to cooperate with this plan, and Seinfeld
says to her, pointedly, "what's the matter, you don't LIKE it when complete
strangers call you at home and start chatting you up?" Or something along
those lines.
So, predictable, shortly after this episode was aired in Israel, my friend
gets a call from a female telemarketer. He decides to try the Seinfeld
strategy on her. He's halfway through asking for her phone number, when she
stops him and says, "okay, I get it. You watched Seinfeld too..."

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug