Ender's Game (mild spoilers)

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sun Mar 16 16:39:22 EST 2003

Rebecca said...

> Oh!  I'm not saying we shouldn't recommend it!  we should.  I love
> Ender's Game, so much I gave a copy of it to my SO for Valentine's
> Day (get it?  Valentine...Valentine, um....actually I didn't even
> think of that until just now.)  I was actually mor wondering if I was
> being reactionary to see anti-semitism and misogyny in it.

I think maybe you were just over-analysing a tad.  Which is so easy to do
when you're doing an exercise like this, looking for books to recommend, and
then you get all paranoid about stuff you wouldn't normally think about
(generic you, in that last sentence, btw).

But even allowing for said paranoia, I'd stick to recommending "Ender's
Game" to older teens. :-)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--