Telemarketers

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sun Mar 16 08:18:54 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, deborah wrote:

> Also I have free unlisted (that is, I told the phone company that
> the listing name should be "T. D. Teckla" (anyone?)) so we always
> recognize junk calls.

This is why I'm no good at subtle in-joke things - no subtlety.
If my mind had drifted in that direction, I'd have picked something
like "V. T. Loiosh", which would have would have been immediately
recognisable as a phoney even to marketing drones who didn't know what
it *meant*. "T. D. Teckla", on the other hand, sounds like it could be
real.

(No, I'm far too cautious to try and guess why you chose
 "T. D. Teckla" as an alias...)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."