Telemarketers

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Sat Mar 15 23:48:16 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Robyn Starkey wrote:
|I like to mess with their minds. My husband admires me because I often
|manage to get telemarketers to hang up on me. Not by being rude, but by
|disrupting their scripts and using big words.

I try not to be nasty until they're rude to me -- it's a crappy job, and
I'm sorry they have to do it -- but my favorite, when someone calls to
sell me long distance, is to tell them "I'm sorry, I don't have a
phone."

But I went on the Direct marketing association's do-not-call-or-mail
lists a couple of years ago, and now I get no junk calls or junk mail.
The only people who had to be told off the DMA list were my credit card
company and the people who send the weekly supermarket fliers.  Also I
have free unlisted (that is, I told the phone company that the listing
name should be "T. D. Teckla" (anyone?)) so we always recognize junk
calls.

"Almost nobody tells anyone else what their Name *really* is, for fear
of it being used to enslave them."

-De'Or'H
deborah at suberic.net
--
Ye knowe ek, that in forme of speche is chaunge
Withinne a thousand yere, and wordes tho