Telemarketing

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sat Mar 15 15:11:49 EST 2003

> Oh, I do try to remember that it's not their fault they work for Satan.
> Unless I am in a very crabby mood, I usually give them the benefit of one
> refusal.

I just quickly cut in with "Sorry, not interested. Thank you very much." and
hang up. Why waste their time and mine by letting a dud call drag on?

> It's the delberate nuisance calls that are the real problem. Those are as
likely as not to have targeted you on purpose. (I'm remembering an incident
back in the mid-'80s when I still had call-forwarding as part of a package to
get call-waiting. I got a heavy breather for Christmas. After about his
thrird try I forwarded my calls to the police station for the rest of the
evening.)