Book recommendation list Part II

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sat Mar 15 10:24:23 EST 2003

Rebecca said...

> Actually, I found the middle one with the being snowed in and
> "tatseful" first sexual experience not very tasteful.  When I, as a
> 13 year old with absolutely no sexual experience could see a picture
> in my head of what was happening, I decided it was too graphic.  I
> recommended the book later to someone, but I put post-it notes over
> that part and told the person that he could remove them, but he
> should feel warned.

Um.  It's been a while since I've read the books, but I recall that scene as
being fairly soft-focus - maybe I'm remembering wrong.  And I didn't first
read the books till I was an adult, so I suppose I have a different attitude
anyway.  But I did give the first book to my 14-year-old cousin for Xmas one
year, and as far as I know she went and got the other two as well - I heard
no objections from her or her parents.  So, I guess it's a YMMV thing.
:-)Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray