Book recommendation list Part II

Fri Mar 14 20:51:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:03:18 +0000, hallieod at indigo.ie wrote:

>>This is strictly a first draft, brainstorming session.  The next part is the
>>giant free-for-all where everyone argues for or agin individual books.  I'm
>>a little leery of including Mercedes Lackey, myself, and a few others, but
>>I'm saving that commentary for later.
>
>Youch.  Can I leave the virtual country when the free-for-all breaks
>out?  Or should I just be my usual argumentative self, as there are
>more than a few I wouldn't recommend if paid for it. :-/

Hallie, Hallie, how could it possibly become the bloodletting we all want it
to be if you're not contributing?  :)  Besides, if I can stay polite about
Mercedes Lackey, I know you can be polite about whatever books you're
adamantly against.  And I promise that I, personally, will not argue with
you.

>>So, yes, add away.  And thanks for the pronunciation of Eoin--I had no idea.

>It's not exactly intuitive!  I think it must have become more popular
>in recent years, as I never knew one person spelled that way in
>school/uni.  When I see Eoin, my mind always wants to start an e-
>sound of some sort.

To me it always sounded related to Eeyore.

Melissa Proffitt