Book recommendation list Part II

hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Mar 14 16:03:18 EST 2003

Another addition:

Charles Butler!  Brit, presumably, but I'm open to correction. :-)

I just got _Calypso Dreaming_ this afternoon and could hardly put it
down until I'd finished it.  Wonderfully chilling - sort of
_Coraline_ crossed with Monigan, but not even remotely in a copying
sort of way.  I even managed to keep it away form Becca, who saw it
on the table, and was all set to take it with her as she went over to
spend the night with a friend!  I couldn't have stood the suspense.

>This is strictly a first draft, brainstorming session.  The next part is the
>giant free-for-all where everyone argues for or agin individual books.  I'm
>a little leery of including Mercedes Lackey, myself, and a few others, but
>I'm saving that commentary for later.

Youch.  Can I leave the virtual country when the free-for-all breaks
out?  Or should I just be my usual argumentative self, as there are
more than a few I wouldn't recommend if paid for it. :-/

>So, yes, add away.  And thanks for the pronunciation of Eoin--I had no idea.

It's not exactly intuitive!  I think it must have become more popular
in recent years, as I never knew one person spelled that way in
school/uni.  When I see Eoin, my mind always wants to start an e-
sound of some sort.