Kyla Tornheim kyla at merlin.sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Mar 14 13:41:31 EST 2003

Jon Noble wrote:

> I always felt that people without middle names were
> short changed by life, and was very jealous of a
> friend who'd scored two middle names.

Oh, I wouldn't know about that. In elementary school, I always loved
saying, "I bet you can't guess my middle name!"

Of course, I have not only *a* Hebrew name but two, so my parents
definitely didn't skimp on the names for me. I'll tell people what my
Hebrew name is, but since it's not on anything official, it feels more
like a private name. Although the people in my havurah invariably
pronounce it wrong, when my family gets called up to the Torah.