short stories (Was Re: a plague of peacocks

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 14 11:58:02 EST 2003

> > I just read Cyteen -- the first books by Cherryh I've
> > read -- and loved it.  But I'm not sure where to go
> > with her next.  Are there books that continue with the
> > same story arc?  Or are there books by her I should
> > avoid?
>
> There are other books set in the same universe- Downbelow
> Station is one- which are about characters on the other side (or sides) of

> the conflict with Earth.

Following up to myself, very egotistical. I remembered a couple of other
titles. Finity's End is another set in the same universe. 40,000 In Gehenna
follows an azi colony sent out from Cyteen.
The Chanur series is also theoretically set in the same universe, but in a
faraway bit of space where there are 4 or 5 species trading with each other
and humans have just made contact with people at the edge, so it doesn't go
into any of the same storylines.
Jennifer