Otter Perry ottertee at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 14 09:35:59 EST 2003

Joe wrote:

> There's a great example of these in DWJ's story 'A plague of
> peacocks' which I found in a charity shop over the weekend. They
> get their comeuppance of course. Have other people come across
> this story? Seemingly she wrote it specially for a hundredth
> anniversary anthology in aid of the NSPCC - I can't tell if it has
> since appeared elsewhere. One for completists to look out for,
> anyway.

My dwj anthology containing this is _Warlock at the Wheel and
other stories_, New York:  Greenwillow Books, 1984.  According to
the fine print, this was first published in Great Britain in 1984
by Macmillan Children's Books.

Incidentally, there is nothing in the fine print about it having
appeared somewhere else, although there _is_ such fine print about
a couple of the other stories in the anthology.

[And yes, I _do_ have a copy of _Everard's Ride_.]