Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 22:45:41 EST 2003

--- Otter Perry <ottertee at earthlink.net> wrote:
A movie called 'Parrish'
> was
> made in the late 50s.  I never saw it, but it
> involves
> the New England tobacco industry [of which you have
> probably never heard], and the sister of a friend of
> mine was an extra in it.  I'm sorry to say I don't
> know whether the Parrish in question is a first or
> last name, but it hardly matters.  I remember it as
> having been made from a novel, but I can't swear to
> that.

It was based on a novel, by Mildred Savage. if you
want to find out more try here

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0055279

The cast list includes a couple of uncrediteds but
probably not all the extras.

Jon Noble (who can come no closer to knowing people
who have appeared in movies than knowing quite a few
people who knew Miranda Otto when she lived in
Newcastle [in fact I suspect the entire population of
newcastle now claims to have known her when she lived
here] - oh and my wife was at Art School with Yahoo
Serious - but that probably shouldn't count)