Nebula nominees

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 14:29:27 EST 2003

--- Robyn Starkey <rohina at shaw.ca> wrote:
> It being that time of year, I've just grabbed all
> the Nebula shortlisted
> novels from the library to have a read. Apart from
> American Gods, which we
> have discussed, has anyone read any of these?
> Comments?
>
> Solitaire, Kelley Eskridge
> American Gods, by Neil Gaiman
> The Other Wind, by Ursula K. Le Guin
> Picoverse, by Robert A. Metzger
> Perdido Street Station, by China Miéville
>   Bones of the Earth , Michael Swanwick

I've read _Bones of the Earth_ (and _American Gods_)
but none of the rest (thought I've been meaning to
read _Perdido Street Station_ and just haven't gotten
around to it yet).  I really liked _Bones of the
Earth_.  It's the first Swanwick I've read, but I had
been intending to read something of his since he was
the guest of honor at the first Boskone I attended a
few years ago.  I was fascinated by the mix of
archaeology and time travel with some academic
politics and personality-cult-tendency thrown in.
Intricate, with keen characterizations and pointed
situations and lots of great speculations...

--jenwa.