Thu Mar 13 12:51:31 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:36:25 -0800, Kale wrote:

>At 06:21 PM 3/12/2003 -0700, Melissa Proffitt wrote:
>
>*snip*
>
>>Uh...Kale.  How IS your name pronounced?  (And here was me thinking it was
>>as simple as a vegetable....)  And are we supposed to call you something
>>else, like Rutabaga?  :)
>
>Just like the vegetable, which AFAIK is pronounced to rhyme with "mail".

I'm so relieved.  Wouldn't you think that would be obvious?  But no.

>Yam was a possibility, but after I read Hexwood, I'm thinking not.
>I like carrots, too, but I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a six-foot adopted
>dwarf who might possibly be heir to a kingdom.

But Carrot is so *adorable*!  Besides, I like Sally's suggestion of
Choumoulia.  I have no idea what it is, but it sounds good.

Melissa Proffitt
(almost a Melanie, but mom found out it means "clad in darkness" or
thereabouts, so I ended up Greek instead)