Book recommendation list Part II

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Thu Mar 13 09:28:57 EST 2003

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Ian W. Riddell wrote:
|I know that it's touchy of my to bring this up and I know that people
|on this list realize that Canada exists separately from the U.S., but
|those of us raised as Canucks are a little paranoid when it comes to
|being subsumed in "The Land of the Free". Call it an adverse reaction
|to Manifest Destiny!

To paraphrase the Onion, 'Wacky Canadians Have Own "Government",
"Currency" '.

And Scotland has its own parliament now... hmm.  And we can't
shortchange Wales -- DWJ spent that exciting part of her childhood
there, with her wacky grandparents!

Maybe you should limit to continent.  That could be safe... ;)

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
I never metadiscourse I didn't like.