Kale lskale at metaplaxia.net
Thu Mar 13 04:36:25 EST 2003

At 06:21 PM 3/12/2003 -0700, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

*snip*

>Uh...Kale.  How IS your name pronounced?  (And here was me thinking it was
>as simple as a vegetable....)  And are we supposed to call you something
>else, like Rutabaga?  :)

Just like the vegetable, which AFAIK is pronounced to rhyme with "mail".
Yam was a possibility, but after I read Hexwood, I'm thinking not.
I like carrots, too, but I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a six-foot adopted
dwarf who might possibly be heir to a kingdom.

Kale
(who can't see the word "rutabaga" without thinking of Silk telling
Garion about the first king of Sendaria)