Book recommendation list Part II

Thu Mar 13 00:28:12 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 20:17:20 -0800 (PST), Ven wrote:

>I'm wondering about the designation British.

That's just my ignorant American attitude about everyone living in those
islands being of one race and one culture.  You are, right?  ;)

Seriously, I just put that when I know that someone is roughly from the
British Isles but don't know to give them a more specific nationality.
Should I do something different, more specific?  Remember that the
nationality thing is only to give me a handle on which books to put on which
lists.  Because this is meant to be a guide to finding books, I don't want
to recommend anything that a kid won't be able to find relatively easily in
the public library or a local bookstore.  In America, we have a lot of books
by authors from other countries, but not all of them; I imagine the same is
true for everywhere.  Anyway, I don't even think I'll put the nationality on
the final list, but it is sort of fun to see.  Maybe I'll do a count on the
number of authors from different countries just for laughs.

Melissa Proffitt