Book recommendation list Part II

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 12 23:37:26 EST 2003

I've just been listening to The Dark is Rising on tape. As usual, the 4th
book, The Grey King, reminded me of a really excellent book by Brian
Caswell, called Merryl of the Stones. So I thought that it should be added
to the list. I think he has written a number of books, but that's the only
one I know and love. He's an Australian author, I think (at least that book
was published by U Queensland Press).

Merryl is an Australian girl who goes to Wales and discovers she has
unusual powers, and she has a time-travelling quest. It's great, both for
the magic, and for the excellent way Caswell explores the issue of teenage
friendships, and the opposite.

Robyn