On changing names - about as OT as you can get

Melissa Proffitt Melissa at Proffitt.com
Wed Mar 12 20:49:03 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:28:44 -0700, Jacob Proffitt wrote:

>> Personally, though, I try not to refer to "my wife".  I 
>> prefer to give actual identifiers when I refer to people (my 
>> wife, my child, my mother-in-law etc.).
>Could I have been less clear?  Maybe.  I meant, "(as opposed to my wife, my
>childe, my mother-in-law)".  Doh!

Oops.  I call you my husband all the time.  I guess I forgot to tell you I'm
your owner.  Sorry about that.

No, you can't change it.  I had it written into the marriage contract.

Melissa Proffitt

English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary.

To unsubscribe, email dwj-request at suberic.net with the body "unsubscribe".
Visit the archives at http://suberic.net/dwj/list/

More information about the Dwj mailing list