Wed Mar 12 20:21:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:44:42 -0800, Kale wrote:

>Me, I would've
>liked my current name if I hadn't had mispronunciation issues--no one else
>would pronounce it the way my family pronounced it.  I got over that,
>because it's an unreasonable expectation as most of them didn't know the
>sounds and the others wouldn't expect the unusual pronunciation of what
>happens to be a fairly common name.  But then many people wouldn't go with
>my approved anglicized version either even though I made it as simple as
>possible.  I thought about changing my name many times, but I actually like
>my name; I just don't like other people calling me by it.  Besides, I
>couldn't decide what to change it to.

Uh...Kale.  How IS your name pronounced?  (And here was me thinking it was
as simple as a vegetable....)  And are we supposed to call you something
else, like Rutabaga?  :)

Melissa Proffitt
(telemarketers usually say PRO-fit to rhyme with "pro sports")

-----
English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary.