hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Mar 12 16:55:14 EST 2003

>  > > Ho ho.  Oh yes.  Every so often some dimwit rings up
>>  > and when I answer says
>>  > "Hello - Mrs. Maher?"  Patrick and I are not even
>>  > married, so that's someone
>>  > who really hasn't done their homework.  I take
>>  > vicious, gleeful delight in
>>  > explaining "No, Patrick's mother doesn't live here."
>>  >  They usually hang up
>>  > in stunned confusion. :-)
>
>Blimey - remind me to never ring you up.

No need, unless you're planning to switch to tele-marketing in
Ireland.  If you rang Dorian up, you'd ask for Dorian.  If you were
looking for Patrick, you'd ask for Patrick.  Anyone doing the Mrs.
Maher thing above is trying to sell something.  (With nod to The
Princess Bride, which must be one of the most quotable books/films
ever.)  I've phoned Dorian several times and can verify she's
perfectly un-snubby to legitimate callers. :-)  And surely every
*proper* definition of a 'legitimate caller' would include someone
introduced through the DWJ list, right?

Hallie.