Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 18:33:08 EST 2003

--- "Dorian E. Gray" <israfel at eircom.net> wrote:
> Margaret said...
>
> > Since then I've discovered the side benefit that
> when I
> > answer the phone and the caller says, "Mrs.
> Zoraster?" I know this is
> > somebody who doesn't know me very well and who is
> probably selling
> > something.
>
> Ho ho.  Oh yes.  Every so often some dimwit rings up
> and when I answer says
> "Hello - Mrs. Maher?"  Patrick and I are not even
> married, so that's someone
> who really hasn't done their homework.  I take
> vicious, gleeful delight in
> explaining "No, Patrick's mother doesn't live here."
>  They usually hang up
> in stunned confusion. :-)

One of the problems of living in a two surname house
is that if both names are in the phone book
telemarketers ring up twice. If we are in a malicious
mood and I answer the phone first to "Mr Hale?" I hang
up saying "sorry no-one here of that name" then give
the phone to my wife who can make the same answer a
couple of minutes later when she gets asked "Mrs
Noble?".

Jon