Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Tue Mar 11 00:02:15 EST 2003

Denise:
>I haven't changed my name, I'm still single, and if I ever do get
>married Mr. Whomever is going to have to accept that I'll most
>likely want to keep my last name at least in hyphenated form.
>*grin*  I've been called DD both as a common nickname and as my
>roleplaying name since the mid-80s -- it'd become quite confusing if
>those were suddenly no longer my initials.
I'm in a similar position (although not exactly single...I have a
significant other of about a year, but we're teenagers, so we haven't
very seriously talked about marriage, etc.) except in my case, I am
the only person in my generation with my last name, literally.  There
is apparently no one else in the world with my surname that spells it
with a z and a y (there are a lot of "ganetsky"s, though).  And
therefore, I would ideally like to not only keep my last name, but
have it be the last name of my children, so that it can continue at
least one generation.
-RDG
--
Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for