Help (please)

Ms Kathleen Jennings s368333 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 10 20:59:34 EST 2003

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my thesis (Railway in British Children's Novels) and dredged up a memory from a DWJ novel, which I have left at home and (since everyone there is on holiday) have no way of referring to.
In Homeward Bounders, I'm sure there's a reference to arches of an aqueduct or viaduct going across/over the city-scape. The first question is: Is this a railway viaduct or is there reasonable cause to assume so? (I think there are two references to it - in the beginning and when he finally gets 'home').
The second, if the above is so: Would anyone be willing to email me the passage/s (I think it is only one or two sentences) plus page numbers and bibliographic details for the book? I'm sorry to ask this, but I can't get ahold of another copy before my thesis is due. I can live without putting this reference in (the chapter is on the railway in the landscape) but it's always nice to put in as many plugs for a favourite author as possible (I did persuade my supervisor to read F&H).
Regards,
Kathleen.