PS: On names, changing them, and pronunciation

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 10 20:46:28 EST 2003

PS: I really should have explained that "Ros" is a common way to shorten
"Roslyn" and similar names here, and I imagine that this is the case also in
the UK? One of the reasons why I'm comfortable with Roslyn as my name (apart
from the fact that I just like it) is that it's not really unusual but not
really common, either. And it's similar in both meaning and sound to my
Hebrew/Yiddish name, and I like that congruence (many people's don't match
at all).

Ros