Diane Duane book

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 05:30:37 EST 2003

Ulrika wrote:
> I have just finished this book, and it was the first book
> that I have read by this author. I did look at a series by
> her when I bought this book, think the first book was called
> "So You 'Want to be a Wizard" or something like that. It
> looked a bit interesting and I think I'll look at them again
> next time.

Yes, that's a good series. (They're childrens/YA).

> I liked Stealing the Elf King's Roses even if I think that it
> will take a reread for me to really understand some of the
> concepts and especially the end.

I reread it a few days after my first read and enjoyed it more the second
time. Once you know what the plot is you can take more time and understand
the details more, I think.

>I also think that the end  was a bit rushed and I really wouldn't have
> minded another chapter there - so it's not just you! I really liked the
way
> she explained our world in comparison with the other
> universes. It made a weird kind of sense...

Yes, I was nodding my head ruefully.
I liked the small differences between our world and Lee's, like the hovers
instead of cars, and it was a nice shivery moment when she found out about
the glamour on Alfheim.
Jennifer