Names, advice

Denise DeGraf mustang at sonic.net
Mon Mar 10 02:33:42 EST 2003

Megan Knight danced around singing:
>So, how do they soudn hyphenated, to you who have not
>been running the possibilities around in your heads for six years?
>Knight-Hayes, Hayes-Knight. I can no longer tell if they sound fine, or
>great or awful. And which one?

I like the way both directions sound.  Just to throw another iron in the
fire, perhaps each of you could do it in a different order, with natural
surname first?
i.e. Megan Knight-Hayes and (Husband) Hayes-Knight  ...?

>Or should we just say sod it and change both our names to Dingwall-Fordyce
>or Psmith.?

LOL...I wonder if anyone has taken Chrestomanci as a surname yet.  Another
fun alternative would be to use the good old fantasy lit method of
name-sharing, and combine the two to create something like Kayes, Knyght,
or Hayght.  *grin*

Denise DeGraf ~*~ http://www.sonic.net/mustang/moggy
"You're a hero.  You *can't* be a coward!"
"Oh, can't I just!"
-- Diana Wynne Jones