johanna johanna at nobrandheroine.net
Sat Mar 8 23:23:47 EST 2003

>> Come to think of it, where is Parrish pronounced
>> Pah-rish instead of
>> Perish?

Huh. I would always say Pah-rish--more like Paaah-rish, but not in a
Bostonian way. It's my sometimes nasal (if I'm exaggerating it for comic
effect) Northeast (possibly just NY) accent.

*cough* OK. Pet peeve of mine. People who say "Aaron" & "Erin" the same. I
grew up w/someone named Aaron & believe you me, it was always Aaaaaron.
Not Eh-rin. There are two "a"s instead of an "er" there for a reason. ^_~
No one not native to the NY metro area seems to believe me, though...

Johanna

--
What, after all, is a halo? It’s only one more thing to keep clean.
--Christopher Fry, The Lady's Not For Burning

www.nobrandheroine.net