Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 22:56:20 EST 2003

Christian wrote:
>when i moved out and started writing professionally i stopped using >it,
>and people who've met me since 2000 know me only as christian. >this can
>really confuse some people, because good friends of mine who >know me for
>years, who end up intermingling with more recently met >people, get very
>confused. both of them.

My husband created the same problem for himself. His school friends and
colleauges call him Haim, his family and newer friends call him Hemmy (as do
I). When we were preparing for our wedding, I showed a sample invitation to
my mother, and she actually said, "It's lovely, but who is Haim?" We ended
up ringing the printer and saying, "the invitation looks fine, we just need
to change the name of the groom". On some of the invitations, Hemmy
pencilled in a note identifying himself as the groom....

Gili Bar-Hillel

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug