Names. Was: Question: "High" concepts in Fantasy

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Sat Mar 8 01:57:30 EST 2003

At 08:49 AM 7/03/03 -0500, Otter Perry wrote:

>I was always predisposed to like books about people
>named Betsy [which is now and always has been my name],
>but perhaps I was just lucky or, alternatively,
>undiscerning.

The first Austen I read was _Emma_ . My main reason for reading it was
because of the title but, don't worry, I then loved the book for the story
as well!
And I've been antagonistic towards "Em" as a nickname due to discovering
least three Aunty Ems (all old and sedate) in movies and books as I was
growing up.