Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 7 12:45:14 EST 2003

>Speaking as an ignorant denizen of the USofA, what is
>'Wowserism'?

It is killjoyishness. You know, no drinking, no swearing, no fun. I think
you have probably experienced people with the attitude, if not by that word.

>I'm familiar with bad weather.

In a general sense I am sure you are. Melbourne has unique variations on
bad weather. In addition to having typical coastal city bad weather, it
also occasionally has the most horrible hot weather, courtesy of the hot
north wind. Days like that feel like you are standing in a hairdryer.

Robyn